Prayer request
Wednesday, March 05, 2008
My FIL is very, very ill. He had surgery yesterday, which went fine, but later in the afternoon his blood pressure jumped and he ruptured his aorta. He is in ICU and still attached to a heart and lung machine, and his chest has not been closed from the emergency surgery to repair his artery.

He's been touch and go for 24 hours now, so any prayers are appreciated. We are doing the 9 hour novena to the Infant of Prague.

He has never, to my knowledge, been inside a church nor is he baptized. However, he is good friends with a local priest who is going to be stopping by some time today.

Husband dear has been going down to the VA alone, as our two littlest ones have the flu - and I don't have anyone local to watch the other children, anyway. I so wish I could be with him there!

Divine Infant of Prague, dearest Jesus, You who so lovingly said: "Ask and it shall be given you; seek and you shall find; knock and it shall be opened to you," have mercy on me now and throught the intercession of our most holy Mother, I humbly ask You to grant me the grace I need:
Help B get better and know You, love You, and serve You.

Divine Infant of Prague, dearest Jesus, You who so compassionately taught: "If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believe," have pity on my now. I do believe, help me. Increase my weak faith and through the Blessed Mother's intercession, I humbly ask You to answer my request:
Help B get better and know You, love You, and serve You.

Divine Infant of Prague, dearest Jesus, You who once said to the Apostles: "If you have faith even like a mustard seed, you will say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and be planted in the sea,' and it will obey you," hear my prayer, I humbly ask. Through the intercession of Mary most holy, I feel certain that my prayer will be answered.
Help B get better and know You, love You, and serve You.
Amen

Labels: ,

 
posted by Milehimama @ Mama Says at 3/05/2008 04:56:00 PM | Permalink | |