7 Quick Takes 7
Friday, March 13, 2009
1.
We're having a cold snap - the heater's on! I had grand plans to bake a bunch of bread, and try this out. Then the oven door exploded into a thousand cubes of safety glass. Hmmm...should I give up the oven for Lent?

(Gratuitous shot of curly red baby head - cuz it's my blog and my mom reads here!)


2.
Baby Faith has anencephaly, and was supposed to die (actually, "be terminated" if the doctors had their way.) She's 3 weeks old now, and so beautiful, fat, and pink! Her mother is a single college student, and she is so encouraging!

3.
I've just discovered Twitter, but I doubt I'll ever be this addicted. Mama Says: If someone breaks into your home, call the cops. Don't twitter it and then set up a live stream!

4.
Tide laundry detergent has a program that provides washing machines, dryers, and free laundry services to victims of natural disasters. Who knew? You can buy a t-shirt to support the cause.

5.
Interesting article about organic food from MotherJones magazine.

6.
Food Stamp Challenge - husband did the shopping, and lost the receipts. Also, I didn't make a menu plan. I'll add in the numbers to next weeks post, to keep and accurate tally going, and blog new menus next week!

7.
Speaking of organic food - we have our first harvest!


(We ate some chard shoots that I had to thin, but I don't think that counts.) The chard is growing fabulously, but the spinach is anemic and slow. Maybe this cold snap will wake it up!

Labels: , , , , ,

 
posted by Milehimama @ Mama Says at 3/13/2009 07:54:00 AM | Permalink | |