The Library Rocks!
Monday, June 23, 2008

I know it is Homeschool Heresy, but I haven't been to the library in two years. We went once when we first arrived in SC, but the library had inconvenient hours and it was just difficult to go with all of the children. Plus, we have books. Oh, my, do we have books! We moved 18 boxes of books - after I had culled my beloved babies my extras.

I ventured down to the local library - it's Harris County, as I don't live in Houston proper - and although the library was small, it was amazing! You can check out magazines! You can reserve online! They have a self checkout! You get a printed list of your books after checking out!

Their selection is limited, though. They don't have David McCullough's John Adams. I'm fourth in the reservation line for For the Children's Sake, second in line for Atlas Shrugged.

On the other hand, I didn't get embarrassed by the librarian, trying to explain why I was checking out Magic Tree House, Thomas the Tank, The Elegant Universe, and The Communist Manifesto. Plus, a Stephen King novel. We're a bit eclectic in our reading tastes around here.

Whoo-hoo! Now I just need to unpack our history text so I can start reserving the recommended reading!

Labels: ,

 
posted by Milehimama @ Mama Says at 6/23/2008 07:28:00 AM | Permalink | |