Goose Creek Bomb Suspects
Monday, October 08, 2007
Terror in My Backyard, part 2

Hey, remember these guys, and how they were caught about a mile from my favorite Wal-Mart? (That's right folks. I'm a StuffMart connoisseur and I even have my favorite, preferred locations. Despite the soul-sucking design theme, all StuffMarts are not the same. I have a favorite Target location too.)

Remember how I said their story didn't make sense - that they were simply driving to North Carolina for a birthday celebration, from Florida, and golly gee officer, we's thought that pipe bomb was just a big ol' bottle rocket?

Hate to say I told you so, but they are in the news again (Ok. Mama loves to say I told you so. I lied.)

One of the suspects, Youssef Megahed, researched high powered rifles and possibly tried to buy one. A tape has been found of him making weird hand signals and sign language - a code that the CIA claims to have cracked.

His partner in crime, Mohamed Ahmed, has admitted to making training videos to help his brethren (in Egypt, I suppose) defend themselves against the infidels (that would be our soldiers).

I know we haven't heard the full story - yet. It is interesting that the Egyptian government is paying the defense attorney bill.

Labels:

 
posted by Milehimama @ Mama Says at 10/08/2007 06:45:00 AM | Permalink | |