Religion and Politics
Monday, October 01, 2007
I consider this blog to be my backyard fence, over which I can chat with the neighbors.
(My English teacher grandmother is probably cringing at that sentence!)

And so.

My latest passion on the Net is the whole Aurora IL Planned Parenthood debacle. I am attempting to research campaign contributions and such to see if any funny business is going on. Yes, I know that people smarter than me, richer than me, and better looking than me are doing the same thing, and probably with better results. Won't stop me from taking a peek myself though!

In the course of my cursory investigations, I've come across several things about Barack Obama that are quite disturbing. (Barack Obama was instrumental in getting the current mayor of Aurora, IL elected.)

Obama supports sex-ed for kindergarteners. His reasoning? It's too hard for parents to educate their children about sex if the only thing they are being taught in school is abstinence.

Says Obama:
You certainly should not have to be fighting each and every instance by providing accurate information outside of the classroom because inside the classroom the only thing that can be talked about is abstinence."
Myself, I don't think any sex-ed, abstinence only or otherwise, should be going on in the schools. I'm against the DARE program too. I've been there, done that, and all it did was teach me which drugs to use for what. Which are cheap? Which are more likely to kill you? What are three street names for cocaine?

I know who I won't be voting for. Now if I could just determine who I will be voting for! (I took an online poll, which said I had a three way tie between candidates that fit me best. With a 60% match.

Labels: ,

 
posted by Milehimama @ Mama Says at 10/01/2007 07:04:00 AM | Permalink | |