WFMW: 40 Days for Life
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Works for Me Wednesday
Another edition of Works for Me Wednesday, brought to you by Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer!

Since becoming a mother (again, and again, and again...) I've become more passionate about activism - which is ironic, because picketing anywhere with toddlers in tow is a nightmare unless it is a McDonald's Playland.

I wish I could be more active in the pro-life area, in particular. When the two boys were babies, I volunteered at a crisis pregnancy center. However, I'm not able to do that now, in this season of my life, and so my prolife activism is restrained to internet commenting, prayer, and education of others. And if its one thing I love it's giving what for and how to educating others.

A movement in America is underway, called 40 Days for Life. It is prayer, fasting, and round the clock vigils at abortion mills for the next 40 days.

It starts today, Sept. 26.

Why does this work for me?

They are encouraging everyone, wherever they are, to pray and fast together. That's right, join the movement from the comfort of your own home! This is especially important right now, on the cusp of a possible Planned Parenthood defeat (they may have to abandon their prohappy little guyperty in Aurora, IL, due to fraud). (Latest on that story here)

From the 40 Days For Life website:
The most important thing anyone can do to ensure the success of 40 Days for Life is pray. Each day between now and the end of the campaign, take time to pray:
  • Ask God to guide you in determining your role in this effort - as a leader, participant, or prayer warrior
  • Pray for wisdom -- for you and others in your community -- as you discern whether 40 Days for Life is right for your city at this time
  • Ask God to guide the national leaders of this effort
  • Pray that the right people around the country hear about 40 Days for Life and participate as God leads them
  • Ask that America repents and turns to God, honoring Him by once again protecting the right to life for all members of our human family
  • Pray for an end to abortion
Saving babies while at home works for me!

For more ways to be involved in the prolife movement, I recommend Joe Scheidler's book Closed:99 Ways You Can Stop Abortion.

Labels: ,

 
posted by Milehimama @ Mama Says at 9/26/2007 06:47:00 AM | Permalink | |