We Really ARE Boring
Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I've mentioned before that we are very boring people. What do boring people do with an influx of cash? (Thanks Uncle Sam! Can't wait to get that tax refund!) (Random side note: if you have lots of kids, the government will actually PAY YOU at the end of the year!)

Buy a carpet cleaner.

Yes, we have 6 kids, a cat, and my husband works construction. You can imagine what our carpets look like! I'm in the market for a good carpet cleaner - so far I'm leaning towards the Bissell 9400 ProHeat 2x model which is - gulp - $239 but apparently does a fantastic job unless you happen to get a quality control reject.

I'm open to suggestions - if you own one, which one do you have? love it? hate it? would you buy it again?

I really want one that is not too hard to push. If it weighs 80 pounds and has 1 inch wheels, that's not going to work for me.

I want it to heat the water. I'm not going to be boiling water on the stove to get throw up out of the carpet - what is this, Little House on the Prairie? Do I have time to boil water if there's people throwing up? No, I don't think so.

A long cord would be nice, and an upholstery handle. Our van seats are... well, let's not go there.
cheap A good value for a quality machine is always appreciated too! We don't have huge rooms, but I don't want to have to refill it three times to clean the living room (15x10 ish) or a bedroom (12x12'). I'd like it if it left the carpet dry, or almost so.

Any suggestions?

Labels: ,

 
posted by Milehimama @ Mama Says at 3/06/2007 12:15:00 PM | Permalink | |