Black Powdered Onions: Work for Me Wednesdays Backwards!
Tuesday, September 02, 2008
It's backwards day for Works for Me Wednesdays, and I have something to ask you.

My onions often have black powder under the skins. It's not really mold - it's dry and dusty. I'm guessing it's some kind of mildew. So far, I've been peeling/cutting that part off, and using the rest of the onion.

I store my onion in my pantry, which is a built in closet. I've tried putting them in a basket with my potatoes, and I've also tried hanging them in the mesh bag from a nail on the wall. It doesn't seem to make a difference.

What is it?

Why does it grow there?

Can I wash it off and use the whole onion, should I keep cutting the bad parts off, or am I taking my family's life in my hands with toxic mold?

To solve more dilemmas, check out Rocks in My Dryer.

***Off topic, but I made a campaign poster in response to Obama's new PAC that quotes the Gospel of Christ as proving that he is a worthy leader. I'd love to see it spread, so feel free to grab it for your blog. Link back and leave a note in the comments so I can see where it's going!***

Labels: ,

 
posted by Milehimama @ Mama Says at 9/02/2008 02:09:00 PM | Permalink | |