Pretty Roses, Nasty Leaves
Tuesday, August 26, 2008


Our new house has a rose garden outside, and another pretty orange on in the front.

They are lovely, and I can see them from my bedroom window. They bloom profusely and smell wonderful.


I've been cutting some of the flowers with scissors, and trimming off the old blooms before they make hips.

However, the leaves don't look so good. They look like this:


and this:


I do water them, but it is often in the high 90's or low 100's this time of year. What's wrong with my lovely plants? Is it the heat? Do they need more (or less) water? Fertilizer?

We've seen some cool spiders on them, too. I really don't want to kill the bushes with my black thumb!

Help me, Mah Peeps!


And on a totally unrelated note, Baby X is growing up. It's a hard, hard day when you discover you are suddenly too tall to walk underneath the table.

Labels: ,

 
posted by Milehimama @ Mama Says at 8/26/2008 09:21:00 AM | Permalink | |