Toilet Seats
Friday, May 30, 2008
I've been thinking about decorating lately. OK, I think about it a lot, mainly because our TV is permanently tuned in to HGTV, but I've been pondering the philosophy this time, not just paint chips.

I've embraced a decorating technique that I used to think was absolutely nutso.

The chair in the bathroom.

Oh, I know they can be useful, even pretty. But upholstery? Next to the tub? Can you say mildew?
I can just sit on the edge of the tub. I don't need no stinkin' cushion, I used to think with hillbilly pride.

Then I started potty training my sixth child. Who will happily and cheerfully sit on the commode until it has grafted onto her legs.

And you know what? A nice, soft armchair would be nice. A cup of tea and a good book wouldn't hurt either.

Sigh. Back to the toilet.


Mama Says:
I share the above picture only because it features a chair. I actually hate the bathroom. First, they painted a small, windowless room nave blue. Even the professional photographer's lighting can't keep it from looking like a cave. Also, the artwork looks like a cancerous mole to me. A good reminder to check your skin, but not so relaxing for a bubble bath.

Labels: ,

 
posted by Milehimama @ Mama Says at 5/30/2008 09:53:00 AM | Permalink | |