Dumb Ideas
Tuesday, April 01, 2008
I love to look at decorating magazines. I also love me some HGTV.

Every once in a while, though, I'll see a decorating "trick" that is the stupidest thing I ever heard of. White chenille slip covers for a beach home with children comes to mind...

Last month's Country Home magazine featured this house:


Is that the stupidest library idea ever? I guess it's for people who don't actually read (but then how are you supposed to impress people with your collection of Great Works in pristine condition?) If you can't see it, all of the books are backward "in order to create a neutral backdrop."

Then again, on their website they have a primer for shredding plastic grocery bags to make a fake flower centerpiece. It's the WalMart of the decorating magazines, apparently.

What silly, impractical decorating ideas have failed you?

Labels:

 
posted by Milehimama @ Mama Says at 4/01/2008 12:15:00 PM | Permalink | |