And Now A Little Fun
Monday, March 31, 2008
Crystal tagged me over the weekend. She's one of my first Virtual Friends, we were on the same e-mail loop for a long time and then she started a blog! (Good thing, too, since I unsubbed from the list!)

The rules are:

1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

What I was doing 10 years ago: Ten years ago I was on bedrest waiting for my first child to be born. I was on bed rest for 12 weeks! We didn't have a real bed, but an air mattress on the floor and mostly I remember reading Colleen McCullough's Masters of Rome series, teaching myself to crochet, and having my rear end fall asleep. We didn't have cable or internet back then and husband worked 12 hour shifts.

Five things on my To Do List today: (not in any particular order)
1. Plan and cook dinner, maybe a cake (haven't really planned dinner very well for two weeks now!)

2. Track down life insurance policies. (FILG's, despite everything being "just too difficult" for her to think about, has managed to cash in a life insurance policy - before we even had the ceremony with the townspeople and spread the ashes. More power to her.) I think there may be another insurance policy, but I don't have the documents, only payments recorded on bank statements. Googling the name as it appears (abbreviated) on the statement is not helping me so far, so I've got some research ahead of me.

3. Conquer Mt. Fold Me

4. Work on my writing assignment before this week's new shows air.

5. Correspondence. Return phone calls and go buy some stationery with my letter on it for thank-you notes. (Anyone have a suggestion for a chain store with cute stationery?)


Snacks I enjoy: Chocolate, what else? Laughing Cow cheese on a Wasa cracker is good too, and good for a diet!


Things I would do if I were a billionaire: Buy a house. I also want to start a housing community for abused women. It would have apartments and on-site childcare. The residents would be required to take classes in order to live there - cooking nutritious meals, job training, computer literacy, etc. The goal being to support them, help them have a safe place to leave their children, and get them on their feet. Also no boyfriends or men could live with them while they were there. (I don't know if this is even legal in America, but that's my dream!)


Three of my bad habits:
1. Biting my nails.
2. Procrastination
3. I'll post that later (see #2)


Five places I have lived:
1. Colorado
2. Texas
3. Motel (yeah, I can cook ANYTHING in a crockpot now. That was my kitchen for 6 weeks.)
4. New Mexico
5. South Carolina


Five jobs I’ve had:
1. Department store clerk
2. Jewelry beader
3. Telemarketer
4. Door-to-door saleswoman
5. Discovery Toys consultant


People I want to know more about (a nice way of saying TAG!):
Honestly, these last three weeks I haven't kept up with Bloggyland, just browsed a few random posts here and there. So I don't know who has been tagged! So tag yourselves and leave me a note so I can come check it out!



***UPDATE***

MomUnscripted has put hers up!

Labels:

 
posted by Milehimama @ Mama Says at 3/31/2008 12:20:00 PM | Permalink | |