Another bad recipe
Monday, January 28, 2008

I found a new website called Mambo Sprouts, which collates coupons for organic/health foods. Since I found a local EarthFare, and plan to at least once a month, I signed up for their e-mail newsletter.

I was quite interested to find they had a recipe section. I found a promising sounding recipe, "Pasta with Spinach Pesto Sauce" - I love me some spinach, and so do the kids (it's our favorite veggie around here, I have to cook a double portion).

We eat a lot of pasta, and I'm always looking for new ideas, especially if I can make it meatless or nearly so.

Here's the recipe:

Pasta with Spinach Pesto

Ingredients:
1 package EDEN Organic Vegetable Spirals, cooked
1 can EDEN Organic Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies, drained
1 can EDEN Organic Navy Beans or any EDEN precooked bean, drained
3/4 cup artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1/3 cup capers
Dressing
1/4 cup EDEN Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp. EDEN Red Wine Vinegar
1 clove garlic, pressed
1/4 tsp. EDEN Sea Salt


Preparation:
Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse and drain. Prepare vegetables and dressing. Combine. Add pasta just before serving


Notice anything missing? Like, spinach?

Anyone have a great pasta recipe that is not meat, cream sauce, or tomato based, and doesn't require $12 worth of basil and pine nuts to make? Let me in on your secret!

Labels: ,

 
posted by Milehimama @ Mama Says at 1/28/2008 09:22:00 AM | Permalink | |