I Get CVS Now
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Okay, I totally get why everyone blogs about the great deals at CVS.

I just went shopping and bought this:

Actually, there were four candy bars, but husband dear got to it before I could take a picture.

I used the coupons from las Sunday's paper and paid out of pocket - one cent! To be fair, I also used $2.00 ECB's which actually only rang up as $1.81 because I didn't have enough in products (once you use an ECB, you don't get any change back. It's gone.) I think the penny was to complete the transaction somehow, the computer wouldn't take a $0 or a -0.19 sale. The cashier didn't know... and I thought a penny for all of that was a great deal so I didn't quibble.

I got two bottles of Aleve, 1 Visine Tears, 4 boxes of Bayer aspirin, 2 Colgate toothpastes, 4 candy bars, and 2 Ultra Mini glucose monitors. The monitors I'm going to give away or donate. (If you need one or have been wanting one of the Mini's, let me know!)

I probably could have gotten even more stuff, but our little CVS doesn't carry a lot of things and inexplicably does not have an Extra Care book available this month. I also noticed that none of the sales were marked in the store, so I'll definitely be shopping with circular in hand!

I also got $7 in ECB's to spend next time. ECB's stand for Extra Care Bucks, and they work like gift certificates. I'm going to try to keep up with my year totals on my sidebar, and idea inspired by Sense to Save.

How did you do? Did you get any great deals this week?

Labels:

 
posted by Milehimama @ Mama Says at 1/10/2008 09:28:00 AM | Permalink | |