Sew Crafty Friday: Aprons
Friday, December 21, 2007
This is the apron I made for Thanksgiving, when I found out the pattern for the cute vintage apron was mistaken in calling for 1 5/8 yards of fabric.

I made it out of an old sundress because I'm lazy ingenious like that.


Actually, I'm glad I thought of the apron - I loved this sundress but I would probably never have worn it again. It's a little low cut, a little small now, and the straps always slipped down driving me nuts. I cut out the front, hemmed the sides, added red ribbon for a belt and cut it long enough to tie in front instead of in back. I just like it better that way.

I have no idea why Mr S looks like he's been caught with his hand in the cookie jar. He's actually eating a bag of plain corn flakes. Also, you might note the whiteness of my kitchen. If you have seven children, white cabinets and appliances are not your friend. Just so you know.

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Milehimama @ Mama Says at 12/21/2007 02:17:00 PM | Permalink | |