Friday, January 12, 2007
I posted last week on the dangers of bread. I feel it is my bloggy duty to bring another hazard to your attention:
Dihydrogen Monoxide (H2O)
The dangers are clear, but since industry claims they can't produce a single thing without it, we are being exposed everyday.
From the DHMO website:
What are some of the dangers associated with DHMO?Each year, Dihydrogen Monoxide is a known causative component in many thousands of deaths and is a major contributor to millions upon millions of dollars in damage to property and the environment. Some of the known perils of Dihydrogen Monoxide are:
- Death due to accidental inhalation of DHMO, even in small quantities.
- Prolonged exposure to solid DHMO causes severe tissue damage.
- Excessive ingestion produces a number of unpleasant though not typically life-threatening side-effects.
- DHMO is a major component of acid rain.
- Gaseous DHMO can cause severe burns.
- Contributes to soil erosion.
- Leads to corrosion and oxidation of many metals.
- Contamination of electrical systems often causes short-circuits.
- Exposure decreases effectiveness of automobile brakes.
- Found in biopsies of pre-cancerous tumors and lesions.
- Given to vicious dogs involved in recent deadly attacks.
- Often associated with killer cyclones in the U.S. Midwest and elsewhere, and in hurricanes including deadly storms in Florida, New Orleans and other areas of the southeastern U.S.
- Thermal variations in DHMO are a suspected contributor to the El Nino weather effect.
Read the hazards again, though, and see if you haven't seen any other product or natural remedy demonized in the same way.
posted by Milehimama @ Mama Says at 1/12/2007 09:00:00 PM | Permalink |