Stimulus Bill Malaise
Thursday, February 12, 2009
While all of the new legislation has been floating around (FOCA, CPSIA, Stimulus package) I've been overwhelmed in a depressed kind of way. What can I do? What can any of us do? It's hopeless...

Well, no, it's not. And I'm finally seeing an opportunity.

My Congressman, John Culberson, is on Twitter. He's posted several times today:
johnculberson RT: Call/email Sp Nancy Pelosi & yr Cong NOW to demand that StimulusBill be posted online atleast 72hrs bf floor vote so we can all read it
That's right, Pelosi won't even make the text of the final bill available to the public before the vote. Ask her to make the revised bill public for at least 72 hours before the floor vote so the American public can read it!

Remember SHE works for US.

Pelosi's contact info:

Contact Rep. Nancy Pelosi at sf.nancy@mail.house.gov

Website: www.house.gov/pelosi

Washington, D.C. Office: 235 Cannon House Office Building,
District of Columbia 20515-0508
Phone: (202) 225-4965
Fax: (202) 225-8259

San Francisco Office: (more district offices) Burton Federal Building 450 Golden Gate Avenue
San Francisco, California 94102
Phone: (415) 556-4862
Fax: (415) 861-1670


Find your Senator!

Find your Congressman! Just type in your ZIP code!

Yeah, I'm one of those cranky ladies who's always calling my Congressman's office. YOU SHOULD BE TOO!

Mommylife has info.

Glenn Beck promises a grassroots movement.

I have heard that a fax is best - it has the urgency of a phone call but the weight of a letter. But at least shoot an email and a phone call!

BTW - I'm on Twitter now! Milehimama. Are you on? Tell me who you are so I can follow!

Labels: ,

 
posted by Milehimama @ Mama Says at 2/12/2009 02:30:00 PM | Permalink | |