Totally Random Linky Love
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
This is the real ADHD me, ya'll! I tend to hop about various topics, starting rabbit trails but never finishing them letting others come to their own conclusions.

Well, my article on why we don't celebrate Halloween is popular! It's nice to know that I'm not the only nut out there (LOL).

Babara at Mommylife started a good discussion about large families, and if they are held to a higher standard.

She also has a callout for any family with a newborn Downs Syndrome baby. A movie filming for Lifetime network is trying to cast a Downs child under eight pounds. They are filming in Canada, and did not find a single baby in the entire country under the age of four months. In America, of children thought to have Downs Syndrome only 1 out of 10 will survive to be born (elective abortion kills the other 90%). Looks like they have the same problem up north, as well. I simply will never understand why we as a nation insist on killing the only segment of our population who is consistently joyful, full of unconditional love, and law-abiding. Can we really complain about violence when we murder the most gentle ones among us?

Passing this along on the Pro-Life topic: Why Oppose Abortion? The author puts forth the argument that he's not sure when life begins, and that's why he's prolife.

My sister was inspired by my free lapbooks post to write a Wikipedia article. She's looking for pics to post, so if you've got a great one, put it up there! Anyone can edit Wikipedia as well, so feel free to add your thoughts and observations (I bet you could make it a school lesson too).
She's the red head in the picture. I'm the bald fat one.

And finally, for your amusement, How to Make a Box from a sheet of paper. Last week I made donut muffins for our priest and put them in one of these. The muffins whip up really fast, which was great since I had to make two batches due to little munchers. They were a tad dry, though.

Labels: , , ,

 
posted by Milehimama @ Mama Says at 10/30/2007 07:36:00 AM | Permalink | |