The Dinos have Got to Go Back
Monday, October 22, 2007
Another recall: WalMart recalls their "realistic" plastic toy animals.



Great. I know I've got at least three sets of the dinosaurs, and I think perhaps one set of the Jungle Animals. Actually, looking at the picture, I know we have the jungle animals because the hippo is always on the floor, and it looks a lot like something that fell out of a diaper when viewed from above, and more than once my husband has been totally grossed out (including an occasional girlie squeal) by what ends up being a plastic pachyderm.

What is especially concerning is that the lead is not in the paint, it's in the plastic base material. I thought we'd be safe this Christmas if we stayed away from painted toys. Now I'm not so sure!

What's next?

Labels: ,

 
posted by Milehimama @ Mama Says at 10/22/2007 11:59:00 AM | Permalink | |