Awww, Geez
Friday, August 15, 2008
I live less than half a mile from my local Catholic church. I've only been twice, though.

I started driving 45 minutes to the Latin Mass.

However, that's not working out lately. We have one car, and the AC is busted ($1100 worth of busted, and it's not getting fixed anytime soon). Mass is at 4 pm; driving 45 minutes in a minivan with no AC and windows that don't roll down in mid July, in Texas, is dangerous.

Today is a Holy Day of Obligation, and because of failure to plan and the aforementioned one car situation, I realized I was not going to be able to drive to Mass today. Most Masses seem to have been offered in the morning (I just assumed there would be Mass in the evening on a Holy Day of Obligation.)

No problem! We'll go to the one on the corner!

The English Masses were yesterday and this morning. I have a choice between Spanish and Vietnamese.

At least the Latin Mass is universal.

Labels: ,

 
posted by Milehimama @ Mama Says at 8/15/2008 02:31:00 PM | Permalink | |