Ain't That the Truth
Thursday, February 07, 2008
Bipolar children see aggression when it isn't there.

One of the first things odd I noticed about Mr R was his "persecution complex". Everyone is out to get him, and he better "get them back first".

The only silver lining, as it were, is that he is like that with everyone all the time including his teachers. He tells the school that I threw him against the wall - but then immediately freaks out over his teacher "punching" him when really the teacher just inadvertantly brushed him with his arm. This is actually very scary for me, because he exaggerates everything to such a degree that I can't believe him. He sees malice in almost every action.
We've had a particularly bad week. I briefly thought about bringing him home for his education. If I could figure out a way to do that without losing my ever-loving mind I would!

I think maybe I'll change "indomitable" in the header to "beleaguered".

Labels:

 
posted by Milehimama @ Mama Says at 2/07/2008 08:50:00 AM | Permalink | |