Awww, Shucks
Thursday, November 29, 2007

I've gotten an award from my peers, and in usual Mama fashion I am a day late and a dollar short on posting.

Barb, SFO Mom
gave me the Nice Matters award. I'm guessing she missed my Pat Robertson rant! Barb and I have been hanging on the net for quite a while now - hers was one of the first blogs I started reading, before I even thought to create my own blog.

Crystal at Proud Catholic Mommy gave me the same one! I'm guessing she hasn't spilled the oatmeal on my floor after the baby was up all night. I think my children might speak up about the Nice Matters award. She's a cyber-friend I found through the Stay At Home Catholic Moms email loop on Yahoo!

Here is what the Nice Matters Award is all about: “This award is for those bloggers who are nice people; good blog friends and those who inspire good feelings and inspiration. Also for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world. Once you’ve been awarded please pass on to seven others whom you feel are deserving of this award."

Hmmm... I'm supposed to just pick SEVEN? I have over 140 feeds on Bloglines, *most* of which I subscribe to because they are nice matters, inspirational, or kindred spirits. The other ones I sub to because they get provide a balanced look at the other side of the issues, incite righteous anger, getting my heart racing, which conveniently takes care of my exercise for the day. (As long as I hit my target heart rate I'm good, right? Right?)

Here's who Mama loves best today - but don't worry, if you aren't on here you'll probably steal my heart by wearing large sunglasses or posting something useful tomorrow. I tried to keep it to the little blogs that others may not have heard about. And by "little", I'm going by how many subscribers Bloglines says they have (less than 150 - which actually would be a large blog, IMO). Remember, there are no small blogs, only little bloggers... or something like that. My theater metaphors never come out right.

1. Shereen at W8ing4Him. Her blog is always kind, and encouraging. I've never seen her tear down her husband or complain that her children are taking away her "me time". She usually has some interesting project going on with her little boys, and provides intense therapy at home for her older daughter. How can you not love a mom who gets a worm farm and lets her boys play with bugs?

2. Jen at "Et Tu?" She converted to Catholicism from intellectual atheism not long ago, and as she documents her spiritual growth it is poignant and enlightening.

3. Monica at The Homespun Heart. She's always got something crafting or cooking, and I've gotten some great recipes from her, including Potato Soup. Husband dear loves it and will happily eat SOUP as a main course for DINNER. He's definitely a meat and potatoes man, so that's quite a compliment.

4. Lori at Queen of the Dirty Laundry makes me laugh. Her Advice Forum Friday could be handy, especially if you loved the backwards Works for Me Wednesdays that Rocks in My Dryer did.

5. Madeline at Whitterer on Autism. She has two autistic sons and her posts documenting their daily life are full of life, wit, and humor. She manages to capture the picture of living with boys who don't quite think the same way other people do.

6. Hadias at A Day in the Life Of. I'm relatively new to her blog, but it just seems to be a natural fit for my life right now. She has a blogger book club going on featuring a charming vintage book called Adventures in Thrift, a fascinating peek into the life of a housewife way back when! I love the artwork she places with her posts as well.

7. Wait - only one left? Well, then, Number 7 is you, my dear reader! I have Sitemeter, so I know who you are! (Or, at least how you found my blog). I've found many a good blog by following the lurkers rabbit trail!








Labels: ,

 
posted by Milehimama @ Mama Says at 11/29/2007 06:47:00 AM | Permalink | |