Wendy's Gourmet Mushroom Swiss Burger: Review
Tuesday, December 09, 2008
It is a busy season, full of errands and trips out of town and along with that, fast food.

I saw ads for Wendy's Gourmet Mushroom Swiss Burger - be still my pregnant heart! Cheese. Bacon. Meat. Mushrooms. Someone else to cook it for me!

I tried it.

The bun was good. Not so soft the tomato soaked through in a soggy mess, but not so hard one might break a tooth, either.

After a big bite, I took another look. Oh, there are the mushrooms. In a tiny pile, huddled in the middle of a white plastic sheet with no holes that I suppose was the "Swiss" cheese. Another bite.. mmm, bacon. And... peanut butter? Wait, that can't be right. I'm still not sure what the weird aftertaste was.

There was some kind of herbage in the mayo. I'm not sure what it was, it didn't have a specific flavor. It just tasted... green. Like if you open your mouth while mowing the lawn.

All in all, it was a sad, sad specimen and a great disappointment. The only thing "gourmet" about it was the small portion and big price.

*Note: This burger was made in Houston, TX around 9pm on a Friday night. Your Wendy's might do a better job of it, but I won't be ordering it again.

Labels:

 
posted by Milehimama @ Mama Says at 12/09/2008 09:09:00 AM | Permalink | |