Another Book Meme
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
I looked so smart with my last book meme, I'm ready for another! Luckily Crystal tagged me. Although if I would have known it was coming, I'd have put better books on my desk.

Here are the rules:

Here's the rules:

  • Grab the nearest book.
  • Open the book to page 56.
  • Find the fifth sentence.
  • Post the text of the next two to five sentences in your journal/blog along with these instructions.
  • Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual one: pick the CLOSEST.
  • Tag five other people to do the same.


I have four books on my desk right now.
"Sam and the Bag" Phonics reader doesn't have 56 pages (and it's not my book, anyway!)

Bible, RSV Catholic Edition, which has two page 56's, because they start numbering again in the NT:

Exodus 11:4-5 And Moses said, "Thus says the LORD: About midnight I will go forth in the midst of Egypt; and all the first-born in the land of Egypt shall die...


and

Luke 4:16 And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up; and he went to the synagogue, as his custom was, on the Sabbath day.


I also have a Greek-English Interlinear NT on my desk. Page 56 is Matthew chapter 20, but I can't type Greek so look it up on your own. ;)

(Oh my goodness! Did I just use a smiley? Must be having a good day!)

My last book on my desk is "Square Foot Gardening". Guess what, mah peeps! I'm making a garden! In Houston, you can still plant in October. This whole Wall Street thing is freaking me out. I'm in survivalist mode. Which means only going to the store once a week instead of every other day - we all must sacrifice in these times of trouble!

Plus, you know, it's the 1st graders science class. We're starting with rutabagas (they're good! Really!), lettuce, spinach, peas, and radishes. Cool weather crops, despite the 90 temps.

Page 56:

"When constructing your SFG box, cut all four pieces of your wood sides to the same length adn then rotate the corners to ensure you end up with a square box."


I'm not tagging five people... if you subscribe to me in Google Reader, bloglines, etc., consider yourself tagged - and leave a link in the comments!

Oh, and I'm moving my Obama poster up so it stays on the front page. Feel free to grab it for your blog!

I frequent another website that always seems to involve apologetics - even though it shouldn't!

Labels: ,

 
posted by Milehimama @ Mama Says at 9/30/2008 10:16:00 AM | Permalink | |