Catholic Women's Bible Study - Wisdom
Monday, July 28, 2008
Mama Says is hosting week two of the Catholic Women's Bible Study. We're going through Stacy Mitch's Courageous Virtue. For week one, head over to Crystal's.
Here are the questions, please leave your answer in the comments or link to your blog post!
*** Now featuring Links for the Lazy ***
Note: I have excerpted the study questions, but not the commentary or other quotes. The book is copyrighted!
"The simple believes everything, but the prudent looks where he is going" Proverbs 14:15
1. Have you ever thought about your freedom to choose your destiny and its importance?
2. Wisdom is a virtue that helps us choose the ways and means of achieving our good. According to the following verses, what is our end? How do the verses shed light on the need for wisdom?
3. According to the world, how should we make decisions, and what should be our goals in life?
- How does this reflect the world's view of reality and of what is really important?
- Read the second chapter of the OT Book of Wisdom. How does this chapter shed light on your previous answers?
- Explain why Wisdom 2 proves the old adage, "the more things change the more they stay the same".
4. According to the following passages, what are the characteristics of one who is wise? Evaluate yourself according to the standards set in these verses.
5. The virtue of wisdom is the cornerstone of the other virtues and helps lead us to heaven. According to the following verses, how is wisdom to be gained?
6. According to the Scripture texts, Who is the source of wisdom?
7. What do the following passages of Scripture tell us about the reality of this world and how we should live in it?
8. What makes reality difficult to see? How can we keep ourselves grounded in the truth about this world and God's Kingdom?
9. What do the following passages teach us about the importance of acting on what we know?
10. (Note: The entire question bears careful reading and reflection.) What can you do in the next week to try to order your life according to God's priority for your life: salvation?
Woman of Wisdom: Judith
1. Uzziah praises Judith's wisdom in Judith 8:28-29. How does he account for her great wisdom?
2. What is the first thing Judith does after she makes plans to infiltrate the enemy camp?
3. What does Judith do to bring deliverance to the Israelites?
4. How does Judith instruct the Israelites to conquer the opposing army?
5. How is Judith and example of one who has wisdom? How was it acquired? How does she use her wisdom? What lesson from her life can you apply to your own?
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives to all men generously and without reproaching, and it will be given to him. James 1:5
posted by Milehimama @ Mama Says at 7/28/2008 10:39:00 PM | Permalink |