WFMW: Phone Manners Procrastination
Wednesday, July 09, 2008


I don't have any tips for you, just something I realized I need to do.

I need to teach my children to answer the phone.

Oh, occasionally they'll answer, say hello, lay the phone down, *maybe* let me know if someone's on the line, and go play.

My 7 yo daughter is the best phone answerer. She's been practicing since she was two.

They usually answer the phone just like I do - "Oh, hi! chat chat chat chat..." except, I do that because I actually know who is on the other end of the phone. They do that because they are imitating me, and get annoyed and confused when it turns out to be a timeshare recording on the line, instead of their BFF.

Someday soon, phone manners will work for me!

As a side note, my 10 yo (Mr R) has gotten some friend's phone numbers (boys, not girls. Girls still have cooties). He's a little immature emotionally, and this is completely new to him.

I'm going to have to make some phone rules. What rules do you have for your kids?

Visit Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer for more, actually helpful tips!

Labels: ,

 
posted by Milehimama @ Mama Says at 7/09/2008 10:05:00 AM | Permalink | |